4/28/04 8:51 AM
Sorry it has been a while since my last e-mail, but things have been hetic at home and a little busy at work too.
We got broke out of the hospital yesterday. He was in there for a week. He ended up with viral pneumonia and the flu. So he got put into isolatton at the hospital. It was just that you had to wear a mask when you went into see him and he had a private room. He was ok there, but they had to restrain him to the bed with this gizmo that looked like a vest. The vest went on him then tied him to the bed. So he really didn't get out of bed for a week. But he was pretty weak too, so I don't know if he would have "gone" anywhere but I guess they wanted to be sure he was kept to the bed.
He was very very tired when he got home. He was released with oxygen and needs breathing treatments every four hours. I guess I need to back up a bit and let you know what "new" issues the physician found out with Dad. The Dr. ran a cat scan on Dad to make sure he didn't have any blood clots in his lungs from the pneumonia.
The cat scan came back with results she didn't expect. The most major issue is that he has a 1.3cm lesion/growth in the lung. At this time she doesn't know if it is cancer or not, it would have to be biopsied to find that out. And he is too weak from the pneumonia and flu to have that done now. The results also revealed that he has some fluid in the lung, maybe from the pneumonia or from the lack of movement while in the hosp. Also, he has some major scaring in the lung from what we don't know.
So to sum up Dad, worst case he could have cancer in the lung or just a tumor that is not cancer.
Mom is doing pretty well by the way. She is getting stronger and is looking much more alert these days. Last night when the guy was showing us how to do Dad's breathing treatment's and set up the oxygen, she was very intently watching and I am sure that if she could walk and use the right hand, she would know exactly what to do and would take care of him. We are waiting for the results from a urine culture that was gotten on Monday. This will let the dr. know if the urinary tract infection is gone or not. If not, she will get more antibiotics. We should know that soon.
Well, gotta run and get some work done. Keep M&D in your prayers.
Love and hugs to all,
Leave a Comment: