Sent: Tue 10/21/03 4:01 PM
Subject: List of Questions
Here is my list of questions that I started. Let me know if you want me to ask anything else.
Questions for the Assisted Living Facility:
1). Is there a buy-in price for the facility?
2) Can they handle stroke victims?
3) Is there a problem with someone who is not able to walk and needs a wheelchair?
4) Is there an extra charge for Depends disposal?
5) If so how much? per week? per month?
6) Does the facility buy them or do the residents purchase them?
7) Is there 24 hour nursing care available? Is that extra if so?
8) Can they bring their own furniture or are they furnished or can they be furnished?
9) Do they accomidate special diets i.e. diabetic and low sodium? Is there extra charge?
10) Is there an extra charge associated with the rehab? If so how much?
11) Are pets permitted to visit?
12) Can they have adult overnight guests?
13) Smoke detectors and sprinklers in the apartments?
14) Is there a code call cord or button? In bedroom, bathroom, living room?
15) Is the facility accrediated? If so whom?
16) Are there any inspection records that we can look at?
17) What is the general health of the residents? Average age of residents?
18) Do they accept medicare?
19) What activites to they have for the residents?
20) Do you restrain any of residents, if so why and in what situations?
21) Do the residents provide bed linen and towels?
22) How many patients do the staff care for on a normal day?
23) How often do you check on the residents?
24) If my parents eventually need more than assisted living, do you have a higher level of care?
25) Do the apartments have locks? If so how do staff enter in an emergency?
26) Does the limo provide transportation to shopping, church etc? How far in advance do they need?
27) How does the laundry get done? Are residents responsible for their own?
Leave a Comment: